Many of you have already seen this in our email & Facebook posts, but in case you haven’t: Proof of Vaccination will be REQUIRED to enter this year’s fest. We’ve unfortunately had to take this step in order to keep the staff, bands, and fest-goers safe.
If you do not have proof of vaccination, we will not be able to let you into the fest. You will not receive a refund.
If you have a legit medical issue that prevents you from getting vaccinated, please email us directly: MadWithPowerFest@gmail.com
WHAT TO BRING: We’d recommend bringing a copy or a photo (on your phone) of your COVID-19 vaccination card. You probably don’t want to bring the original to a busy fest! Please make sure everything on the card is clearly legible, as we will be checking it against your photo ID.
I DON’T HAVE MY CARD! You can look up your immunization records using this website:
We’d recommend printing out your info, or having it handy on your phone. Unfortunately, every state’s immunization records are different, so there’s no “one stop shop” for all this info.
I’M VACCINATED, BUT I CAN’T FIND MY INFO! Please contact us at MadWithPowerFest@gmail.com, and we will attempt to assist.
- Will you be checking vaccination status at the door? Yes! With our wristband system, we should only have to do this once.
- My ID/Vaccination card doesn’t match! Specifically for our trans/non-binary/etc. friends: if there is any sort of mismatch between your vaccination records and your government ID, or if displaying either of these things in a crowded line would cause you undue distress/discomfort, please email me directly and we’ll find a way to confirm these things privately.
- Masks required? We’re heavily recommending you bring and wear a mask (after all, a fully-vaccinated crowd + mask-wearing is statistically the safest way forward), but at the moment masks are not required at the venue. Please keep in mind that this may change, so please bring a mask!
- Is Madison a hot-spot? No! In fact, we’re one of the most heavily vaccinated counties in the nation. According to data from the Dane County Covid Dashboard, across ALL of Dane County’s hospitals, there’s only around 9 people in the ICU. We are 70.9% vaccinated across the entire population (even including children who currently cannot be vaccinated), and the rate of positivity across all test results is only around 3-4%. Still, we’re going to do our best to make sure these low numbers continue, and run this fest as safe as we can.
- Are masks required in other places (i.e. restaurants)? Yes. Some restaurants around Madison have started to require masking again, so make sure you bring one with you!
- Are you Hitler? Despite a sub-par photoshop job posted to the Mad With Power Facebook page, most historical records will show that I am not, in fact, Hitler.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email us! MadWithPowerFest@gmail.com